Saturday, July 21, 2007

Brighton State Recreation Area Horse Trails

I originally posted this hike report on the Great Lakes Hikes Yahoo Group.

05/22/02

Brighton SRA - Brighton, MI.

I hiked some of the horse trails on the west side of the park. I must have done about 6 or 8 miles. There are 18 miles of horse trail. The trails are nice and despite a few muddy patches were fun to hike. This is a well-used horse area on summer weekends, so that might not be the best time to use them. I also think that you could start on the far west end and backpack into the rustic horse campground - 9 miles in, 9 miles out. The next timeI head back, I'll look for a connection to the hiking and mountain bike trails on the east side. All told, there are 38 or 39 miles of trail and several rustic campgrounds and cabins.

http://www.michigandnr.com/Publications/PDFS/RecreationCamping/brighton_equestrian_trails_map.pdf

No comments: